December 26, 2010

Christmas Day

So yesterday was the day!
I had a feeling that I might be pregnant and yesterday December 25th, 2010 was the day I was supposed to start my period. The last one started on Thanksgiving day November 25th, 2010.

I had this plan to wake up early and take a home pregnancy test on Christmas day to see if we could give ourselves the best gift ever. I woke up about 8am while Tony was sound asleep and took the test. Within what seemed like mere seconds I saw 2 pink lines...not 1 like all the other times I took the test but 2!! OMG...really... was this really happening? I put it in a Christmas card to give to Tony when he woke up and boy was he confused. I think he thought the pink and white stick I gave him was a candy cane for the first few moments. Ha! Once he realized what was going on he thought I was joking...I had to assure him that this was Christmas not April Fool's day. The smile of realization that crossed his face was one I will never forget. I rushed out of the house to pick up one more box of a different brand test just to be sure...yup this time it was a faint plus sign. WE ARE PREGNANT!

I know there is that rule of thumb that you are supposed to wait until after your 1st Trimester (3 Months) before you announce to the world what's happening but that's really hard to do! I was surprised that it was Tony and not me that was racing to the phone to send text messages and make phone calls letting everyone know that "He did it!!" He even sent photos of the two pink lines pointing to pregnant out to his brothers and friends.....who would have thought....

So it's slowly starting to sink in but I  think it's going to be a while before I fully realize what's going on. This is my first pregnancy so it kind of feels like I'm embarking on a new science experiment within my body. I'm in complete wonder and awe with what our female body can achieve.

I do know for certain that I want to have a completely natural pregnancy and a home birth. These are things that I have known without a doubt for a long time now. It's what feels right for me. I hope to use this blog to share with other parents that are going through this same process. I want to share experiences, questions, ideas, products and resources.

I'm excited and looking forward to this process....hope you join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...