April 13, 2011

And we have movement!!

Finally...I've been waiting and waiting for the day to come that I would know that it's not just gas or hunger grumblings going on down there. Over the last week  (week 19-20) I've been feeling the baby move off and on each day. When I was trying to find info on what it would feel like it was almost always described as flutters. I have to say that yes that does seem to be the case. However, the majority of the time it just feels like air bubbles or a small finger brushing across the inside of your belly. It's so hard to fully describe or explain it but my mom was right... You will know it when you feel it!  It's so exciting and kind of weird at times but is really starting to make this whole experience REAL.

I know Tony was starting to feel a little jealous and wishing he could enjoy and experience that moment as well but I really wasn't sure how long it would be until it was strong enough to be able to feel it from the outside. We'll surprise surprise...this morning he got to feel his baby for the first time!! It was an extremely strong fluttery vibration that happened twice. The look on his face almost brought mine to tears. Now that is a special moment that I will never forget. It was even more exciting than the first time I felt it!

I've been trying to pay attention to what's going on with me or around me when I feel the movements and I do have to say that a lot of the times it really seems to pick up when Tony is talking or laughing really loud. I think the baby already knows it's daddy :)

What was it like the first time you and/or your spouse felt your baby move that first time?

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this! What an amazing experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt Xander at 12 weeks if you can believe it!!! I just knew it was a sensation I'd never felt before. Both boys always seemed to be moving up a storm and the moment I would have Chris put his hand to the belly they'd stop. Kinda funny! Thanks for sharing your experience! Can't wait to read more. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...