May 20, 2011

Help! I've been invaded

I'm sure you think I'm talking about the little creature that is now growing in my belly but actually I'm talking about myself. I actually feel like I have been invaded by ME!

Weird I know.

But here's the deal. This body that I'm in is not myself. Way deep down inside I am myself but I'm now living in a body that is no longer mine. Huh?

It's a swollen, off balance, awkward, achy, leaky (let me clarify that one....this body likes to leak a lot of salty tear water from it's eyes at any unknown moment), very small brain capacity (can't remember what it was doing to do 2 seconds ago) and has another living growing creature in it's belly that kicks, punches and rolls all around.

All of this is part of a former version of what I used to look like in the mirror.

Ok, I might be getting a little out there but really...it's one of the strangest things that some of us women are so lucky to experience in our lifetimes. Yes lucky...in what other circumstance could we go through such dramatic and sometimes very uncomfortable changes and know that it is also one of the most wonderful, amazing and miraculous things that only we women are so lucky to experience.

Don't get me wrong...I do have many moments where I feel beautiful, blessed and changed for the better in many ways. I mean it's not only your body that changes through this process but also your entire being. I'm still working it all out but I have to say this is also a spiritual journey that is going to forever change the person I am. More details on that at a later date.

That being said...still I've gone and invaded a body that was once mine and... it's just plain WEIRD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...