January 1, 2011

2011 New Year's Resolution's

Moving into a new year with a completely new outlook on my life is probably one of the most exciting times I've ever experienced. Last night it occurred to me that this was the last New Year's Eve that I would have on my own for the rest of my life without being a parent to a beautiful child.

Wow...that is really something to take in!

I've never been big on new year's resolution's but this year is very different.
No longer am I completely responsible for only myself. Each and every choice I make this next year will directly affect and reflect in my unborn baby. So, not only am I making a new year's resolution of great magnitude this year I am making a huge life change.

I think the changes I am now resolving to make to what I eat and how I take care of myself physically, mentally and spiritually will be easier than expected. I'm only in the middle of week 6 right now and these changes are already naturally starting to take place. I've always been very self aware but it's amazing at how it seems just in the last 2 weeks that awareness has heightened significantly. I'm taking the time to really notice the changes that are happening to my body from the subtle cramps and breast tenderness to how my body is responding to the different foods I am eating. Knock on wood....I have not started feeling any morning sickness yet but I know it could happen at any moment.

From the second I found out I was pregnant I started drinking this amazing Organic Yogi Mother To Be tea twice a day. I've started making sure I'm eating more fruits, vegetables and whole grains every day. (something I have to be honest I have not been very good about doing for the last many years of my life even with the intentions to do so) My appetite seems to have gotten smaller but not due to nausea. I've been in the habit of only eating when I feel very hungry so I need to pay close attention that I am eating enough each day to give both myself and my baby enough nutrients.


Please be sure to share any tips or products you've found that you love during your pregnancy. There are so many different opinions and products out there I am loving learning about all of them and being able to make the best choice for me.

Well...I'm signing off and heading over to watch the new OWN network...I'm excited to finally have a resource on TV that is smart, thoughtful and educational!! Yeayyy Thank You Oprah!!!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck to you. Keeping my eating on track has been a huge struggle for me. I was really doing great with eating organic foods and went almost completely vegetarian for awhile. When the morning sickness kicked in, though, I ate whatever didn't make me want to die. I just talked to a friend who is in her eigth week, and she is still morning sickness free, and I hope that you are able to get through without it. If you it does happen though, there were a couple things I didn't figure out were helpful until my first trimester, and thus the morning sickness, were almost over. 1) keep a few crackers by your bed and eat them before you get out of bed in the morning. keep a few in your purse. 2)I started drinking ginger ale, which was helpful, but also contributed to the 20 lbs I gained in the first trimester. Again, I did anything to keep myself from feeling terrible, but as a non-soda drinker, this made me balloon up quick. Ginger tea ended up working just as well. 3) Anti-nausea wrist bands were a life saver. I have no idea how or why they work and if you have on long sleeves no one will know. I picked some up at rite aid for like $5.

    In my second trimester, I was hungry all the time, and though I made much better choices (increasing my fruit and veg intake and such... I always eat whole grain, so that wasn't a problem) I was still gaining like crazy. It seemed illogical, but my doctor said that I needed to stop eating when I felt hungry and start looking at what I was eating. She said I'd likely just have to be hungry most of the time. She some women's hormones make them crave far more than they need.

    I've gained WAY too much during this pregnancy and it was something I really worked hard to avoid. I wish I had it to do over again, but I hope I've given you a little helpful advice. Its a lot harder than I expected it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the great tips!! I am just taking it day by day...otherwise I think I would overwhelem myself. How far along are you now?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...