January 14, 2011

Am I really pregnant?

With exception of all the "symptoms" I've been feeling I still don't think my brain is fully wrapped around this whole idea that there is a growing baby inside of me. When will it kick in? Maybe when the baby actually kicks me! Ha.

Many women experience pregnancy differently but I thought I would share what I've experienced so far for you other 1st time mothers that are as new and as boggled by this whole experience as I am.

I thought I was a lucky one that was not going to get sick....ahhh...did I speak too soon or what!

At week 5 and through the first part of week 6 with the exception of cramping and sore breasts I felt great. Then the second half of week six until now (starting week 8) I have developed what I now know is "Morning Sickness". Never having been pregnant before I thought morning sickness what something you felt once a day and you just got sick and threw up. Well maybe for some that is the case but for me it has been an off and on again nausea of my entire body. It's not subject to just one time of day...it lasts all day long. I'm still cramping here and there, swollen and sore breasts, nausea, headaches, serious exhaustion (that has me couch bound all day long for the last week and half), crazy-ass dreams (wasn't expecting that), peeing what seems like every 20 mins (probably once and hour or so....and that started just after week 4...way earlier than I ever thought would happen) oh and last but not least-constipation...lovely.

I know there is no way I am eating enough but man is it hard to put anything in my mouth. Ginger ale or Ginger tea helps, the cracker thing....ummm...not so much.

I can't wait for the next trimester to come and that I'm one of the lucky ones that will feel better once week 13 or so hits!

So now I'm starting week 8 and here's what's happening:
(don't forget to go to www.allnaturalparent.com where I got the info and amazing images!)

  • Cartilage and bones begin to form - At the end of this week your baby will have already
             completed 1/5th of the journey 'til his birthday!

  • The basic structure of the eye is well underway - The position is more "newborn" like already!

  • The tongue begins to develop

  • Intestines move out of the umbilical cord into the abdomen.

  • Body grows and makes room - Two months along and this little one is growing inside and out by leaps and bounds!

  • The fingers and toes have appeared but are webbed and short

  • Baby's length (crown to rump) is 0.61 inch (1.6cm) and weight is 0.04 ounce (1gm)
**Find the above info/images at www.allnaturalparent.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...